[ Contents | Post ]
Date: 23 Nov 1999
[the-malaysian] The MALAYSIAN - Tuesday 231199
The BN Gives Us A Headache
The BERNAS ad ran "Terima kasih Barisan Nasional kerana menjamin anak-anak kami". Coincidentally, the following lists appeared to remind us of its true meaning.
The 91 companies connected with <M.. name forbidden to be mentioned>.
1. 175071 Capetronic (Malaysia) Corporation Sdn Bhd
2. 274107 Sabit Holdings Sdn Bhd
3. 420428 The Grande Capetronic Holdings Sdn Bhd
4. 229378 Asia Lng Transport Dua Sdn Bhd
5. 260460 Asian Strategic Leadership Institute Sdn Bhd
6. 267944 Sabit Trading Sdn Bhd
7. 181796 Stenta Films (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
8. 224170 Equinox Properties Sdn Bhd
9 222220 Sabit Capital Sdn Bhd
10. 082871 PNSL Bhd
11. 220294 Peringkat Prestasi (M) Sdn Bhd
12. 169918 Solsisnet Sdn Bhd
13. 087347 Solsis (M) Sdn Bhd
14. 011243 Dataprep (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
15. 189884 KP Asia Auto Sdn Bhd
16. 341658 Turas Bakti Sdn Bhd
17. 417613 KP Distribution Services Sdn Bhd
18. 421572 Cen Sdn Bhd
19. 228738 Teluk Kencana Sdn Bhd
20. 180864 Prima Resmi Sdn Bhd
21 358134 PNB NJI Holdings II Sdn Bhd
22. 015508 Tai Huat Enterprises Sdn Bhd
23. 185853 Betamek Electronics (M) Sdn Bhd
24. 410771 Betamek Sales & Services Sdn Bhd
25. 462681 Yayasan Iskandar
26. 376327 Sabit-Acia Sdn Bhd
27. 320736 Xolox (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
28. 221602 Baseview (M) Sdn Bhd
29. 211172 North Klang Logistics (M) Sdn Bhd
30. 216535 PNB NJI Holdings Sdn Bhd
31. 216534 PNB Namura Jafco management Sdn Bhd
32. 211819 Cougar Logistics (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
33. 207696 Kris Heavy Engineering & Construction Sdn Bhd
34. 187031 PNB Equity Resource Corporation Sdn Bhd
35. 084330 Sabah Forest Industries Sdn Bhd
36. 166474 Artwright Technology Sdn Bhd
37. 374058 Vehicle Transit Centre (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
38. 274909 Artwright Holdings Bhd
39. 346706 Persistem Sdn Bhd
40. 258683 Talon (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
41. 006430 Worldwide Holdings Bhd
42. 252102 Iskandar Holdings Sdn Bhd
43. 163144 KIG Glass Industrial Bhd
44. 210236 Juta Integrasi (M) Sdn Bhd
45. 224616 Taff Hotel Management & Consultancy Sdn Bhd
46. 094725 Perbadanan Nasional Insurans Bhd
47. 012890 Lion Corporation Bhd
48. 159700 Asia Lng Transport Sdn Bhd
49. 065799 Tamex Timber Sdn Bhd
50. 293068 Opcom Sdn Bhd
51. 009329 Tebrau Housing Estate Sdn Bhd
52. 233488 Falmouth Sdn Bhd
53. 100706 Emas Dewa Sdn Bhd
54. 431095 Westport Distripark (M) Sdn Bhd
55. 023824 DNT (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
56. 435972 Capetronic Computer (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
57. 413758 Tamadun Interaktif Sdn Bhd
58. 301384 Capetronic Consumer Electronic Holdings Bhd
59. 407984 Konsortium Meteorologi Nusantara Sdn Bhd
60. 423591 Cen Worldwide Sdn Bhd
61. 394730 Bumiputera & Technology Venture Capital Bhd
62. 089986 Ke-Zan Securities Sdn Bhd
63. 418303 Expoage International (M) Sdn Bhd
64. 397214 Cen Hur Management Sdn Bhd
65. 433400 Malaysian Youth Orchestra Foundation
66. 373741 Transmile Group Bhd
67. 401302 Introace Sdn Bhd
68. 276336 Hiap Teck Hardware Sdn Bhd
69. 367041 Asia Vehicle Transport Sdn Bhd
70. 367000 Asia Gas Transport Sdn Bhd
71. 262333 KP Integrated Sdn Bhd
72. 111769 North Terminal Sdn Bhd
73. 011689 Malaysian Shipping Agency Sdn Bhd
74. 120221 Kaypi Southern Terminal Sdn Bhd
75. 200086 Ke-Zan Holdings Bhd
76. 193372 Sabit Sdn Bhd
77. 183059 Dataprep Holdings Bhd
78. 108505 Kaypi Logistics Depot Sdn Bhd
79. 089707 Parcel Tankers Malaysia Sdn Bhd
80. 087992 TRW Steering & Suspension (M) Sdn Bhd
81. 120849 PNSL Charters & Travel Sdn Bhd
82. 347261 Milk Specialities Sdn Bhd
83. 202035 Strategem Sdn Bhd
84. 290455 Sunway Building Technology Bhd
85. 322687 Opcom Cables Sdn Bhd
86. 185853 Betamek Electronics (M) Sdn Bhd
87. 222363 Mamee - Double Decker (M) Bhd
88. 089243 Konsortium Perkapalan Bhd
89. 322661 Opcom Holdings Sdn Bhd
90. 032700 Maharizan Sdn Bhd
91. 354562 KPB Priority Feeder Services Sdn Bhd The 74 companies connected with <M.. name forbidden to be mentioned>
1. 347514 THB Asia Connect Sdn Bhd
2. 252102 Iskandar Holding Sdn Bhd
3. 122850 Sharp-Roxy Appliances Corporation (M) Sdn Bhd
4. 174400 Malaysian Design Marketing Sdn Bhd
5. 097150 Kestrel Securities Sdn Bhd
6. 195508 Petroprojek Sdn Bhd
7. 236866 Prime Granite (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
8. 241297 Syarikat Tunas Pantai Sdn Bhd
9. 422902 Senandung Beringin Sdn Bhd
10. 398523 Millennium Institute of Technology Sdn Bhd
11. 000981 Tongkah Holdings Berhad
12. 236869 Suara Bayu Sdn Bhd
13. 250176 Petropackage Sdn Bhd
14. 250176 Petrokonsult Sdn Bhd
15. 260896 Kestrel Securities Nominees Sdn Bhd
16. 182990 Seri Esmeralda Sdn Bhd
17. 232158 Titi Gajah Holdings Sdn Bhd
18. 224192 Tongkah Medivest Sdn Bhd
19. 246054 Vr Technology Sdn Bhd
20. 011832 Hospital Pantai Bhd
21. 401534 Tongkah Marketing Sdn Bhd
22. 401979 Tongkah Sales And Services Sdn Bhd
23. 401532 Tongkah Applications Sdn Bhd
24. 379181 Rumpun Lagenda Sdn Bhd
25. 173719 Tongkah Ventures Sdn Bhd
26. 008394 Sharp Roxy Sales & Services Company (M) Sdn Bhd
27. 460269 Kuala Lumpur Medical Centre (Asia Pacific) Sdn Bhd
28. 265542 Penang Medical College Sdn Bhd
29. 454762 Advance Pioneer Sdn Bhd
30. 454557 Competitive Advantage Sdn Bhd
31. 281037 Tongkah Precision Plastic Sdn Bhd
32. 214811 Paloh Medical Centre Sdn Bhd
33. 207816 Tongkah Electronics Sdn Bhd
34. 446529 Worldcare Health (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
35. 307780 Tongkah Equity Sdn Bhd
36. 337160 Pusat Bantuan Angkasa-Udara Sdn Bhd
37. 228897 Layang Layang Island Resort Sdn Bhd
38. 209838 DMC Telecom (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
39. 319497 Av Arts Sdn Bhd
40. 072510 Tongkah Moulding Technologies Sdn Bhd
41. 306718 Simfoni Bayu Sdn Bhd
42. 332693 Satelcom Sdn Bhd
43. 414089 Tongkah - Otto (M) Sdn Bhd
44. 401984 Tongkah Products Sdn Bhd
45. 379894 Sirim Rapid Prototyping Services Sdn Bhd
46. 378380 Secura Security Printing Sdn Bhd
47. 376770 Tongkah Information Resources Sdn Bhd
48. 354585 Seputih Asas Sdn Bhd
49. 258935 Kestrel Capital Partners (M) Sdn Bhd
50. 259555 Prime Granite Marketing Sdn Bhd
51. 261683 Reference Audio Sdn Bhd
52. 231304 Mosaique Communications Sdn Bhd
53. 248032 Layang Layang Dive Resort Sdn Bhd
54. 233393 Jutaan Innovasi Sdn Bhd
55. 232626 Cognitech Corporation Sdn Bhd
56. 231000 Limkokwing Institute of Creative Technology
57. 142273 Zaitech Sdn Bhd
58. 318751 Transceiver Technology Sdn Bhd
59. 182390 M-Ocean Diving Sdn Bhd
60. 182075 Teknosif Sdn Bhd
61. 264210 Kestrel Securities Nominees (Tempatan) Sdn Bhd
62. 469122 Conso-Asli Sdn Bhd
63. 466313 Pantai Hospitals Sdn Bhd
64. 268797 Pantai Columbia Sdn Bhd
65. 227140 Cheras Medical Centre Sdn Bhd
66. 321428 Pantai Support Services Sdn Bhd
67. 073056 Pantai Medical Centre Sdn Bhd
68. 446801 Aspire Legacy Sdn Bhd
69. 438067 Premier Carrier Sdn Bhd
70. 308279 THB Industries Bhd
71. 442886 Gilauan Mercu Sdn Bhd
72. 440902 Paksiwang Sdn Bhd
73. 431251 Pantai Education Sdn Bhd
74. 283413 Eks Motorsports Sdn Bhd
To be sure, these are all the product of experience, hardwork and dedikasi!
Yesterday, my son went for a job interview.
The interviewers reviewed his CV, which is actually quite impressive. They liked the way he fielded their questions at the interview. They even told him they were quite impressed with his breadth of knowledge.
But guess what?
They then pointed to the Barisan Nasional advertisements in the papers, and said, "No experience" or "No relevant experience".
My son then asked, "But what do you mean by relevant experience? I have…"
The interviewers cut him off before he could finish, said, "That's irrelevant", and told him, "Sorry, but that's your headache".
Now I have a headache.
The Panadol Approach
Monday, November 22, caretaker minister Dr Ting Chew Peh announced that the Treasury has approved RM60 million for upgrading of drains and urban back lanes in 145 local authority areas in the country.
He claimed the allocation was sought a long time ago, but only approved last week. Impending elections wonderfully concentrates the mind of the BN and is a great spur to efficiency.
He also said priority would be given to areas facing flash flood problems in view of the monsoon season.
In another demonstration of how wonderfully elections suddenly brings about great efficiency, he declared that the RM800,000 project for deepening monsoon drains in Simpang Pulai New Village would begin in a day or two!
If only we had elections every month, no one would have to wait years for government services to meet basic needs and solve basic problems.
But really, this is the Panadol approach to politics. The Panadol is generously dispensed at election times.
Worse still, it makes beggars of us -- and for Panadol at that.
Matters such as upgrading of drains should be plain administrative issues, not the stuff of politics and political bribery.
But that's how the BN treats it -- hold back so that our headache gets worse, then give us generous doses of Panadol at election time.
Panadol Can't Cure Diseases
Taking Panadol is great for relieving a headache. But if there's a deeper cause, the Panadol can only give temporary relief. Then the headache comes right back.
To cure the headache, the cause must be identified and corrected.
The headache that the BN gives us arises from the issues that the Barisan Alternatif has identified -- justice, democracy, transparency, accountability, corruption and cronyism.
To cure the headache the BN gives the people, we need to rein in the BN. There are only two ways to do this.
The better way is to send the BN into opposition for a stint. Since they have never had experience of being an opposition, it is good to give them such experience to complete their education.
The other way is to put in a strong opposition, and to deny them the two-thirds majority.
Returning the BN with a two-thirds majority will only result in extreme arrogance. Then, the headaches will get worse. We will all get migraine! Then, Panadol won't be any good.
A 10-Million Ringgit Headache
The oh-so-capable Barisan Nasional has a 10-million ringgit headache, courtesy of the JE man, Chua Jui Meng.
The JE man bought millions of ringgit worth of JE vaccine for pigs. Some of this was used on the pigs, causing the Nipah outbreak to spread like wildfire in the Bt Pelanduk area.
Now, they have RM10 million worth of JE vaccine left over, and are trying to persuade various states to use it up.
Thank goodness there are no takers so far; the veterinary services people are smart enough to realise that they would be courting trouble if they were to vaccinate the pigs again.
Vote for MCA, the JE party -- they can work miracles like causing the collapse of a whole industry, not to mention death, destruction and contamination of a whole region.
Truly awesome. Truly capable.
If so, it's time to try out some incapable people.